StoreEver Tape Storage
1753395 Members
7226 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Colorado (GB and Wondows 200 install problem

Kim Rudbeck

Colorado (GB and Wondows 200 install problem

I have installed an External HP Colorado 8GB back-up and HP Colorado Backup II version 9 software.

When I start the One button Backup it shows me the device, but when I continue it says 'Backup device not found Ref: 03-15-41-02-0000'

Windows knows the drive and tells me that nothing is wrong with the driver.

What am I doing wrong.
6 REPLIES 6
Tim Martin_3
Valued Contributor

Re: Colorado (GB and Wondows 200 install problem

Kim-
Sounds like the device drivers may not have installed correctly.

If you installed from an original HP colorado backup II cd-rom, the drivers may have correctly installed.

If you downloaded the HP colorado backup II software off the internet, the download probably would not have nor install the correct device drivers.

The device drivers are available on the HP website. Be sure to read the readme file that comes with that download as their installation is a bit tedious.

I have made a post on this board previously that helped with a similar problem with a 14gb unit.

Ti
If it works, don't fix it!
Kim Rudbeck

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the tip. I have looked at the downloadsite and I am a bid confused. Could you help me point out which one is the driver??

Thanks
Kim Rudbeck
Tim Martin_3
Valued Contributor

Kim Rudbeck

Hi Tim,

Sorry to bother you again, but as you can tell I am not very experienced.

I uninstall the tape-drive from Windows using Add/remove hardware.

After having boot'ed i tried to install it again using Add/remove hardware. Windows auto-configure the device without prompting me for the driver.

I tried to manually copy the drivers to the specified location without luck.

Any good ideas??
Tim Martin_3
Valued Contributor

Kim-
Don't be discouraged. You are on the right path.

Yes, you must use device manager to delete the device. Then do a reboot WITHOUT the tape drive attached.

Next, if you have HP Colorado Backup II installed, remove it reboot again WITHOUT the tape drive attached.

At this point, you need the driver download from the HP website:
win2kdrivers.exe

Follow the directions I have posted here:
http://www.joltcity.com/HPColorado/HPColoradoW2KDriversInstall.htm

This should get the drivers correctly installed. (This is my version of what you should find in the readme.txt file that is also in the drivers download zip file.)

If the system does not ask for that epatap2k.sys file, then something is still wrong.
When it does ask for that file, there is a check box or radio button that allows you to navigate the driver install wizard to the right folder for epatap2k.sys. Don't let windows search for and/or find the driver on its own.

After the driver is installed, then install the HP Colorado Backup II.
Tim
If it works, don't fix it!
CA983433

I had the same problem with a Seagate(HP) CTT8000 internal IDE minicartridge when restoring a crashed hard drive using Veritas Backup Exec for Desktop version 4.4.1. I found this site on a Google search of the error message "Backup Device not Found ref: 03-15-41-02-0000". After hours of messing around, I found a tech support article that said the problem was due to a conflict with Windows Media Player version 7 in Windows 2000 Professional. There is a registry patch to fix the problem at http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/230893.htm