5582 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Colorado T-1000 Tapes

SOLVED
Go to solution
CA1069443

Colorado T-1000 Tapes

I have 3 questions: 1) What tapes are compatible with this tape drive? I can't find TR-1 any longer. 2) I got a DC2120 tape but it gives me an error 115E (11020,1) when I use it - can't even format this tape. 3) no matter what type of compression I set - the backups always go at a 1:1.....uses a lot of tapes this way.
4 REPLIES 4
Munir_1
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: Colorado T-1000 Tapes

Travan TR-1 Tape Cartridge With QIC-80 Format are the only tapes that you can use on T1000 drive
You can find some TR1 tapes here:
www.pricewatch.com

Search for Travan:
http://castle.pricewatch.com/search/search.idq?qc="TRAVAN"*&cr=Travan
CA1069443

Question (1) was answered....thank you....Any information regarding what the error means or how to make the backup compress - or why it won't?
Munir_1
Trusted Contributor

For the compression on the old type drives, it├в s a software issue more than it├в s a hardware issue.
The only thing I suggest is trying another software to see if you still get 1:1 compression
And make sure your data you are compressing are not compressed data
You cannot compress compressed data it will only get larger because of overhead.

Don├в t know what the error means, but I will keep looking an see if I can get info on the error
Mohammed Ali_2
Valued Contributor

Hi Jaci,

I don't know what kind of data you're backing up.

Compression ratio is dependent on data being backed up.

For instance, if your data is already compressed (ie graphics), you'll get poor compression.

You're only increasing your overhead in such a case and wont be getting any real compression.

In fact, you'll be getting less out of your compression

Hope this clarifies.