1753777 Members
7482 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Colorado T1000 Tape Drive Errors

Andy Edmunds

Colorado T1000 Tape Drive Errors

Hello,

We are using old T1000 tape drives on our Testers here. The testers run under DOS, and do not have any windows capability at all (very old machines).

One of the drives has been giving problems and now refuses to read tapes. It always gives the error message "Error 91, No Tape Controller Detected". As far as I can see nothing has changed, and we do not have the original software, so I can't re-install.

Has anyone seen this problem before? Does anyone know what the error message actually means?

Any help would be welcome.

Thanks,

Andy.
5 REPLIES 5
David P McGuire
Occasional Advisor

Re: Colorado T1000 Tape Drive Errors

With or without tape controller card (such as an FC-10, FC-15,, FC-20, etc)?
For software download, try http://www.hp.com/cposupport/swindexes/hpcolorado9827_swen.html.
Andy Edmunds

Hi Dave,

I think we're using it without a tape controller card. Since we inherited these machines i'm not exactly sure what they've got inside, but I remember seeing something about this in the software setup.

I'll check out the software site.

Cheers,

Andy.
David P McGuire
Occasional Advisor

Found the atached DOS backup (self-extracting zip file) on my pc. I downloaded it from HP last fall, but renamed it. So you may find it thru an HP site search under a different name. Good luck.
Andy Edmunds

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the file, and the link.

I've had a look inside the pc's and the drive seems to be connected just like any other hard drive, i.e. to the idc cables and then to the motherboard.

There were a few error codes listed when I checked out the link, but none of them relate to the error message i'm seeing. I'd still like to find out what it means.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,

Andy.