1753716 Members
4895 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Colorado internal 5 GB --> NT 4, SP 6

Jakob Krabbe
Occasional Advisor

Colorado internal 5 GB --> NT 4, SP 6

My collegue has an old but working computer running NT 4. I just recently helped him to install Service Pack 6. I'm not sure about the previous Service Pack.

Now the tapes can not be initialised.

The Colorado Backup II software is 6.0. I have downloaded the 8.0 upgrade from this website but when I try to install it it will not work.

The software tells me there is a 6.0 version running in the background and that there are waiting schedules.

My questions:
1. Is an upgrade recomended?
2. Where can I find information about this specific upgrade?
3. Are there any workarounds... something I have missed?

thanx,

/ jakob
2 REPLIES 2
Jakob Krabbe
Occasional Advisor

Re: Colorado internal 5 GB --> NT 4, SP 6

I would appreachiate som assistance. It's quite urgent.

It is not possible to initialise the tapes. When I insert a tape and run the initalise process the computer freak out. The only way to continue is to restart, not throught the Start meny, rather by turning the power off...

I am not sure what causes the conflict.

Another forum suggested me to remove the old software before installing the new version.

Please, there must be *someone* out there with NT knowledge!?
Jakob Krabbe
Occasional Advisor

Re: Colorado internal 5 GB --> NT 4, SP 6

Is there any knowledge out there how to upgrade NT 4.0 SP6 with the Colorado Backup 6.0 to the Colorado Backup 8.0?

I find it hard to believe my client is the only one having this configuration...

Does anyone know of alternative forums where the assistance may be a little more helpful than this forum?