New Discussion юеВ

Command View TL comms to ESL failed

SOLVED
Go to solution
John Maguire_2
Occasional Contributor

Command View TL comms to ESL failed

Hi,
Attempting to manage an ESL 712e through Command View TL. Was previously able to manage it, but now get the message "Communications with the Interface Manager has failed. The problem has most likely been caused by a command-line session through telnet or RS-232. Once all command-line sessions have been disabled communications can be re-established". Running CV TL v1.5.05 and latest f/w on ESL. I can manage another ESL no problem with the same CV server. I don't have any command-line sessions open, nor had I prior to this problem starting. Have tried de-registering the library and also rebooted the CV server. Want to avoid restarting the ESL as I don't think this should be necessary. Ring a bell with anyone?
Thanks,
John
2 REPLIES 2
David Ruska
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Command View TL comms to ESL failed

One thought is that you have or had a serial or telnet session that was not exited properly causing this.

Try telnetting in and this should close all previously opened sessions. Then you can properly exit this session by typing exit to close it. If this does not work, the only other option may be to soft reset the IM with the reset pin on it. That should prevent you from rebooting the whole library.
The journey IS the reward.
John Maguire_2
Occasional Contributor

Re: Command View TL comms to ESL failed

Hi David,
Telnetting in and immediately exiting solved the problem. Many thanks.
John