1753501 Members
4759 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Command View TL w/ ESL322e

John F. Kenney, Jr.
Occasional Contributor

Command View TL w/ ESL322e

I used CV to change the IP address on my library and that worked fine. I removed the old TL instance and went to re-add the tape library to Command View. It won't add the TL with the new IP address. I have made repeated attempts with the same result. After about 5 minutes, I receive a SOAP error:

An error occurred while updating data.
Please retry the operation

IM SOAP Server Error
IM SOAP Error?:true
Error Code: 5001
Error Code Description: RPC Error occurred while attempting IM API call Detail: Exception Trace:

1)Exception of signature Exception thrown:
File: IM_ClientRPCWrapper.cpp
Line: 534

2)Exception of IMClientRPCWrapper thrown:
File: IM_ClientRPCWrapper.cpp
Line: 2471
Status#:0

4 REPLIES 4
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

Some questions:
what is the old ip and new ip? are they still on the same subnet?
can you ping the libary ip from dos?
have you tryed to restart the CV service, or reboot the server?
Did you change only the ip of the library or also other configurations?

marino
John F. Kenney, Jr.
Occasional Contributor

New info:

The TL is being moved from a public to private address (10.x.x.x) space. From what I gather from HP, the internal network is also 10-space. I received some steps to reset the TL and reset the new IP but the TL reverts to the old default gateway and I can't change it thru either the front console nor the serial cable/CLI.
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

ok this is now clear, I know the problem. internal lan in the library is in the 10.x.x.x adress range. when you move to have your library public address in this range there are several steps you should do in order to allow the library to switch the internal lan to the 192.168 .x.x range.
My recomandation is to open a call in HP and ask for the procedure. this is not complex but need several steps to be performed.
marino
John F. Kenney, Jr.
Occasional Contributor

The problem turned out to be a bad flash card on the ESL, not an issue with the Command View.