108791 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Compaq DLT Library C5172L

SOLVED
Go to solution
Chris Congdon_1
Occasional Advisor

Compaq DLT Library C5172L

I've recently acquired a Compaq DLT Library. It has a single 35/70 tape drive in it. When I power it on, it seems to run through all of its diagnostics just fine.

The problem I ran into was while looking for documentation for this unit on Compaq's website. The only DLT Library I could find were the monster units and the DLT Library III.

I just wanted to get documentation and whatever drivers are needed. Also wondering on what software was needed to print the bar code labels that the drive appears to be able to read.
3 REPLIES 3
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor
Solution

Christopher,
main page http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Home.jsp?locale=en_US&prodSeriesId=63822&prodTypeId=12169
Docs http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManual&docIndexId=3124&locale=en_US&prodSeriesId=63822&prodTypeId=12169
Drive is not able to read bar code labels. It is done by barcode reader mounted on the robot (picker).
Please let us know which OS do you use to allow us to help you with driver/backup utility setup
Eugeny
Chris Congdon_1
Occasional Advisor

Well isn't that sneaky. It's actually an HP tape drive in disguise.

As to the barcode bit... Yes I did realize it's the picker that reads and not the actual tape drive. When I said 'drive' I was actually referring to the entire library unit.

But...THANK YOU for the manual!!

Also, wanting to set this up on Windows 2000 Server. I'll be using Arcserve 9. I would *assume* that I have to get a copy of the autoloader/library option for Arcserve to be compatible.
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Good. So it's w2k and arcserve... One thing you should check is if this library supported in arcserve (it should). All needed drivers are shipped with arcserve, so you do not need to install anything. But before installing software, do not forget to go to w2k services and stop removable storage manager permanently (set it to 'manual')
Eugeny