StoreEver Tape Storage
1753283 Members
5283 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Compaq/HP 40/80 DLT Drive Serial Number?

Jeremy Jevtic
Occasional Contributor

Compaq/HP 40/80 DLT Drive Serial Number?

Hi

Im trying to determine what the serial number and model number are for this dlt drive.

I've looked at the drive but these numbers are not clearly marked.

I need the numbers becuase Im registering the carepaq for the server
thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Leon Rosier
Respected Contributor

Re: Compaq/HP 40/80 DLT Drive Serial Number?

I guess it is an external model?
The serial number is on the back near the mains i believe. I don't know the format

Leon
Jeremy Jevtic
Occasional Contributor

its a internal model

I removed the device and there is all kinds of different numbers all over it.. just none of them are label as serial number or model number
Leon Rosier
Respected Contributor

usually when the tapeunit is in the server, you don't have to specify the tapeunit for the carepaq. You only have to specify the Proliant serial number. At least this is how it goes in the Netherlands.
I don't know if HP/Compaq put their own serial number on a dlt unit. But normally their is a number on it like CX..... which is the Quantum serial number

Leon
Jeremy Jevtic
Occasional Contributor

Well Im just not sure what I all need to supply serial numbers for.

when we bought the server it didn't have everything we were buying eg it was a base system then we added memory, hd's, array controller etc.

Everything is HP/Compaq.. so Im just not sure If I simply just add the servers serial number for the carepaq or if I need to supply every number eg, memory, hd's, array controllers etc
??
Jeffrey Willemsen
Frequent Advisor

You can obtain the drive serial number through SCSI. You can see it on top of the drive as well, there should be a label on top (the bottom label near the front of the drive) that contains numbers and barcodes. The serial number starts with CX, CKA, CXA, PK or something like that. I attached a picture for clarity. OK OK, it says Digital but the labels are the same way. In this picture the serial number is DK951S2185.

Succes!
Jeffrey
Don't change a working configuration