1752786 Members
6120 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Connecting a ML370 to a TL891

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Connecting a ML370 to a TL891

I am trying to connect a TL891 library with 2 internal drives to a ML370 netware 5 server with a compaq host adapter

I am able to see both the drives and the library when the server starts up but in netware storage devices the Library says it has no internal drives and both the 35/70 DLT's appear as inactive.

I am using the arcserve canwpa cdm and this recognises and registers both the library and the 2 drives but I get the following error:

SCSI I/O Error on Adapter 16 [board0]
E21114 SCSI bus scan in incomplete for adapter [board0]

I have checked and double checked the connections - I have a cable from port 1 of the host adapter to the first Library connection. The second library connection is connected to DLT0 slot1 with the supplied 'loop' cables, DLT0 slot 2 is connected to DLT1 slot 1. There is a terminator in DLT1 slot2.

It sounds like a termination problem but I can't see where.

what are we doing wrong??

rgds
Mel
3 REPLIES 3
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Connecting a ML370 to a TL891

I have TL891 in front of me. The cable connections from left (slot 1) to right (slot 6) are:

Differencial cable to SCSI card in slot 1
Loop cable in slot 2 looping to 3
Loop cable in slot 4 looping to 5
Terminator in slot 6

This should allow the library to control access to the two tape drives. Hope this helps you out...Laurie
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

forget about this one. i plugged another new one in and it worked fine. looks like a DOA.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Thanks jespere for your assistance .