StoreEver Tape Storage
1752574 Members
4677 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Connector/Driver error and Event ID 11

kap061

Hi I have exactly the same issue you have been having, please could you tell me what driver you used in the end.

Many Thanks
BillClark22
Advisor

Driver version 1.24.4.0, dated 2/9/2007 from LSI Logic. Use the link posted and that will take you to the download area for it.
Susitha Jayabharthi

We are facing the exact same issue , we have the exact same hardware all the drivers and firmwares for server is upto date. We even tried downgrading drivers for the SCSI card to the older version and still the same issue. Need help on this ASAP.
BillClark22
Advisor

Update: After working for about 2 reboots, that driver imploded and started doing the exact same thing, same errors. Since I couldn't waste anymore time fighting this mess, I dumped that card and moved my project to a different server that had a built-in SCSI with an external port, all is well now. Maybe if I get time, I'll go back to seeing howto fix this card, but that's pretty doubtful. Sorry for the false hope earlier.
TapeDrive Killer
Trusted Contributor

If you are running Windows 2003 server sp2 then the latest driver is ok 1.24.4.0 but if you are running SP1 then you need the lates one that beggins with 1.1

Regards

Pablo Alvarado Siles
Tape Storage DPX
One drink away from sleeping on the pavement
Lachlan Bruce

I have come accross this a few time before also.

i found the best combination to be using the latest Backup Exec drivers avaliable from symantec, with latest firmware for the ultrium 3 drive(ver G54W), the 1/8 auto loader (ver 1.50), and the LSI card (ver 5.05.21.00)

having tried several cards and autoloaders, i found the BEST COMBINATION worked with Revision E of the 960 auto loader.

although this does still sometime produce the Event 11 in system logs, backups continue to work successfully.