1753637 Members
5402 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Convert ultrium 215i into 215m

Koray ARIKAN
Occasional Contributor

Convert ultrium 215i into 215m

I need to put the internal Ultrium 215i drive into Tape Array 5300. For this I have to add the bay interface at the back of the drive, i.e. convert the 215i (C7420A)drive into 215m (C7492A). So far, HP support couldn't help me out. Does anyone know the way to do it?
Do it now do it right
5 REPLIES 5
harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor

Contact an HP parts reseller that is willing to take the 215i as a trade-in for a 215m.

live free or die
harry
Live Free or Die
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Hello,

As far as I know, there are no upgrade kits available from the e series to the m series of Ultrium drives.

These only differ from the brackets with which you attach the drive in the rack I think.

HTH,
Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!
Koray ARIKAN
Occasional Contributor

That's absolutely correct, however, it is hard to understand that the simple part for the conversion is not available from HP. The only difference between the i and m series is this simple connector interface, which is actually also an add-on to the i series drive.
Do it now do it right
Jan Klier
Respected Contributor

One thing you can try are the following web sites where you can order individual parts (not products) directly:

https://parts.direct.hp.com/mainmenu.asp
Koray ARIKAN
Occasional Contributor

Thank you. This site is really useful. I've seen that there are rail kits available to connect the drive to Dell and Compaq servers, however there is no part available for HP 5300. :))
Since HP supports other brands better than HP, I suppose I'll purchase a dell next time. :))
Do it now do it right