2614 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Create And Restore Incremental backup to SQL Server

MARCELLIN
Occasional Contributor

Create And Restore Incremental backup to SQL Server

Hello,
I've an evaluation version of Data Protector Express.

I try to backup and restore a database, who have one table, schema of this table is (uniqueidentifier, nchar(10));

I did
- 1 full backup
- 1 incremental backup after inserting data on the table

If I delete datas of the table, I'm able to restore full backup (1mo for 4 rows saying data protector during restoration), but restoration of incremental backup don't restore the two new lines. Data Protector said this rows make 81Ko).

Working with more rows on the table, log during backup grows to 145Ko. So the backup seems to be good.

I got this error on the rapport :

Error 3076 : Echec de la fermeture SQL (trad : Fail on closing SQL)

Some informations about backup
Version Indicator of incremental backup : 411
Version Indicator of full backup : 111

Before each restore, i set offline the database :

ALTER DATABASE [Toto1] SET SINGLE_USER WITH ROLLBACK IMMEDIATE
GO
ALTER DATABASE [Toto1] SET OFFLINE WITH
ROLLBACK IMMEDIATE
GO
ALTER DATABASE [Toto1] SET MULTI_USER
GO

And after restore I set Online (Data Protector did it but i prefer to be sure).

Thanks for your help

P.S. This thread has been moved from Data Protector Support and News Forum to Tape Backup (Small and Medium Business).
-HP Forum Moderator

3 REPLIES 3
Shardha
Valued Contributor

Dear,

Apply the latest patches, and check it againg.Also take differential backup instead of increamenatal, i-e is incr 1

Shardha
MARCELLIN
Occasional Contributor

I've the version 4.00 sp1 (version 43064), there is no patch or fix for.

For differential backup, documention says, page 288, that there is no difference between incremental et differentials jobs for sql server databases. Incremental and differential backup up only transaction logs.

I tried a differential, but it did a complete, saying differential is not supported...

I found the directory /logs/, I understand one error : i should set offline the database for complete restore, but for incremental database should be online.

New error :

23/04/2009 11.03.33 SQL: Write failure (0)
23/04/2009 11.03.33 SQL: load database cmd failed: [4294967295]
23/04/2009 11.03.33 SQL: STATE - [4] Native error: [3117] Message: [[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The log or differential backup cannot be restored because no files are ready to rollforward.]
23/04/2009 11.03.33 SQL: STATE - [4] Native error: [3013] Message: [[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]RESTORE LOG is terminating abnormally.]
23/04/2009 11.03.38 SQL: Failure on restore results (1)

Internet says, that on SQL Server, NOREcovery Version must be set in T-SQL, but there is nothing like it on data protector express...

So, what can I do ?

MARCELLIN
Occasional Contributor

UP :)