108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DAT 160 USB external not detected by Data Protection Express

SOLVED
Go to solution
Guia

DAT 160 USB external not detected by Data Protection Express

Hello

I have a DAT 160 USB external tape drive installed in my ML530 Prolian Server, Windows 2000 Server OS. I installed the correct HP driver for the tape drive.

The tape drive is listed in device manager, NO error reported and I can use it from NTBACKUP, so all is OK except that HP Data Protector Express Single Server Edition 3.5-SP1 not recognized the tape drive.

Please Help

Excuse my poor English
4 REPLIES 4
Mike Shilladay
Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

Have you tried to locate any patches for Data Protector Express. It maybe that DP Express needs some form of update for it to recognise the DAT160 as this is a recent addition to DAT range.

Mike.

p.s. I wish I could speak another language as well as you can.
Guia

I have installed Data Protector Express Single Server Edition 3.5 Service Pack 1.

In the document "Data Protector Express Software and Hardware Compatibility" say that DAT160 USB is supported:
ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/products/storage/software/datapexp/DataProtectorExpressSupportMatrix12Sep07.pdf

I search for another update for DPX but not find anything else. There is no update for the firmware of DAT 160 USB External drive in HP web site.

The DAT still not recognized by Data Protector Express Single Server Edition 3.5 Service Pack 1.

Any help!!

Kevin Clarke
Advisor
Solution

Try this link to download SP2 for Data Protector. I had the same problem with Data Protector Express not recognizing my new DAT160.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=1144275тМй=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=1144272&taskId=135

I installed 3.50 SP2 and it works fine now.
Guia

SP2 resolve my problem

Thanks !!!!!