StoreEver Tape Storage
1752631 Members
5764 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: DAT 24 but tape no bootable

Jedar

DAT 24 but tape no bootable

I have installed VERITAS Backups exec but how can i make bootable tapes ? In "Create disaster recovery boot media" he ask to create a bootable CDrom or floppy but no tape. The "inteligence disaster recovery preparation wizard create a bootable image" I made a backup but he doesnt boot on the tape when i push the OBDR at start .
The computer start very slowly and in w2k i have a cdrom more but i cant access the data on the tapes .. its normal ?

I set my BIOS to boot on SCSI and CDROM and update my SCSI bios with the update provide on the HP SureStore CD aha2940U
1 REPLY 1
Tina Karasch
Valued Contributor

Re: DAT 24 but tape no bootable

Dear Jedar,

No - it is not - once the Drive is in OBDR mode it recocgnizes any OBDR media and then on the screen it should ask you what you want to restore.

So:

First check if your speciffic HW/SW configuration does support OBDR ->
http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/storageworks/drs/index.html

If it does:

Tell the SW to create the "cd boot image" - this will then be added to the media every time you make a full backup. (update this image regularly - especially when installing new hw or sw) With these tapes you can then run OBDR

If it does not:

use DR and create diskettes and boot from them instead - then insert the media when asked.
If U want to; let's get technical.... :P