StoreEver Tape Storage
1753383 Members
5805 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DAT 72 no compression & LTT problems

Duncan Lord

DAT 72 no compression & LTT problems

Storageworks DAT72 USB. Has been working fine with Veritas Backup Exec. Storage volumes have increased and even with 'hardware compression' switched on it won't backup above 35GB.
Followed various web pages and downloaded HP library & tape tools. Run performance test and result is "the semaphore timeout perios has expired". rebooted, stopped/started services - nothing!
Any idease, please?
3 REPLIES 3
Phang Doris

Yes, I am having same problem too. I am currently using the Backup Utility for Windows Microsofts and Veritas software Corporation (a utility that comes with the Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Standard). Appreciate if there is solution to this. Thanks
Phang Doris

I am having the similar problem. I am using it to backup my server running on Windows Server 2003 Standard OS. I am using the backup utility that comes with the OS called Backup Utility for Windows Microsoft and Veritas Software Corporation. Please email me if there is solution to this.
Rajanikant
HPE Pro

Hi

this may be helpful to you

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=lpg50244тМй=en&cc=us&prodSeriesId=1809913&prodTypeId=12169#A5
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo