StoreEver Tape Storage
1753524 Members
5063 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DAT24x6 Autoloader Device Paused

Pascal_9

DAT24x6 Autoloader Device Paused

I have the error message "Device Paused" from time to time when a backup job starts or when making an inventory on a tape.

It's usually when accessing Slot 2, sometimes on Slot 6, and once on Slot 1.

I use BackupExec 8.5 on Windows NT 4.0, SP6a.

I suspect the loading mechanism to cause the problem.

I used the HP Library & Tape Tool and everything seems OK.

The NT Event Log shows the error:
The description for Event ID ( 11 ) in Source ( HP155xLd ) could not be found. It contains the following insertion string(s): \Device\MediumChanger0.

Please help. Thanks. Pascal
5 REPLIES 5
Barrie_Evans
Frequent Advisor

Re: DAT24x6 Autoloader Device Paused

Pascal,

Could you please get a support ticket (.ltt version, and not a html summary), and attach it to your next reply. I would like to check if there are any problems logged in the drive that could explain the symptoms that you are seeing.

It doesn't sound like a drive problem to me, but the support ticket will help to confirm.

cheers,
Barrie
Pascal_9

Barrie,

Here's the Support Ticket.

Under Detailled Device Informartion, Device Analysis, I have the following message:

Autoloader Magazine Carousel is not fully rotating, check that all the tapes are fully inside the magazine if this is an internally mounted autoloader... ...check nothing is resting on top of the mechanism preventing carousel roration.

I've checked, everything should be OK.

My last night backup had a Device Paused on Slot 5. Meaning that I had the error on all slots now.

Thanks, Pascal
Pascal_9

Barrie,

I'm sending back the Support Ticket file in ZIP. It seems that the .ltt has been converted in .txt and lost the .ltt fonctionnalities.

Pascal
Pascal_9

Barrie,

I've installed the LTT latest version 3.2 and had run the test again.

Pascal
Barrie_Evans
Frequent Advisor

Pascal,

I have had a look through the support tickets that you attached to your replies (thanks), but the information is not very clear (too much irrelevant / old information logged).

Could you please try something for me..... can you install the U812 version of firmware onto your drive - I know you have this already, but re-installing will clear some of the internal logs, allowing me to see only the relevant information for this failure.

Then can you recreate the the problem that you are seeing then immediately take another support ticket and attach again to your reply.

Thanks again,

Barrie