1752523 Members
5176 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DAT24x6 Library

Randall Dunton
Occasional Contributor

DAT24x6 Library

We have a Surestore DAT24x6 library whose drive has stoppped reading tapes. The drive/library is nearly 4 yrs old, I've cleaned it and am guessing that its just worn out.
We will be replacing our DAT24x6's (we have 2) in 4 months or so.

My question, is there a replacement drive that I can buy and swap with the old one?

Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Randy,
not sure if 'ordinary' DAT drive will fit into autoloader mech/box. If you would have the same autoloader with good drive then you may try to move drive from one to another.
About drive's life: as soon as magazine has 6 tape slots, it's recommended after weekly backup (5 slots) to clean drive (cleaning tape in 6th slot). The rule is that you should clean drive after each 5 full backups or 20 tape pulling hours (but not when drive will ask - when drive will ask it's usually too late :o( )
Eugeny
Brian M Rawlings
Honored Contributor

Check with HP spare parts, at www.partsurfer.com, for replacement parts like this. Here is a link directly to the DAT24 1x6 Autoloader products (your model may not be here, there is a search area on the home page, after choosing your country from a pull-down list):

http://partsurfer.hp.com/cgi-bin/spi/main?prodsrch=DAT24&sel_flg=modsrch&template=main

Hope this helps! --bmr
We must indeed all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately. (Benjamin Franklin)
Randall Dunton
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the tip. I found the part #!