Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
StoreEver Tape Storage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAT72 SW loading cartridge problem

liandros
Occasional Visitor

DAT72 SW loading cartridge problem

I have a dat72 in a ML350 G5 proliant server.
After a much use, my type drive don't load the cartridge. When I push the cartridge, tape drive remains within the front light blinksing slowly. After, the light begins to blink rapidly, and I can hear internal movements, but the light remains blinking rapidly forever.
Can somebody help me please. I can't get a solution.
3 REPLIES
Vihang.
Trusted Contributor

Re: DAT72 SW loading cartridge problem

Try recycling power to the tape drive & replacing the cartridge with a new one. If it doesnt work, maybe you have a bad drive.
Rajanikant
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

try to use a good cleaning catridge in the drive or run a assesment test from Library & Tape tools, follow the instructions through the test and check if the test passes

Regards

Raj
Regards

Raj

How to assign points? Click the KUDOS! star!
liandros
Occasional Visitor

I found multiples process trying to read tape devices. This was the reason for the flashing led. Sorry... and thanks.... for responses