1753759 Members
4884 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DAT72 keeps asking for cleaning.

Marcel_Brown
Advisor

DAT72 keeps asking for cleaning.

I'm using a DAT72 unit and monthly I run de cleaning cartridge. Still on regulairly it keeps asking to clean. I know I don't have to run the seperate cleaning job within DPE beacause that's only needed for taperobots, not for single drives. What is wrong?

Error 4074: TapeAlert - Warning - Hard Error HP C7438A (Serial Number HU10728X2G) : The operation has stopped because an error has occurred while reading or writing data which the drive cannot correct.
Error 4091: TapeAlert - Critical - Clean Now HP C7438A (Serial Number HU10728X2G) : The tape drive needs cleaning: 1. If the operation has stopped, eject the tape and clean the drive. 2. If the operation has not stopped, wait for it to finish and then clean the drive. Check the tape drive users manual for device specific cleaning instructions.
2 REPLIES 2
thomasr
Respected Contributor

Re: DAT72 keeps asking for cleaning.

It sounds like your in an environment where there's dirt, dust, or particulate matter in the air. If you're getting cleaning requests this often, I'd look to get the drive into a cleaner environment -- away from carpet, smoking, dust, etc.
--
Liberty breeds responsibility; Government breeds dependence
Marcel_Brown
Advisor

Re: DAT72 keeps asking for cleaning.

Thomas,

Thanks for your reply. The areau is not dirty, clean and almost no dust. No carpet and airconditioned. I can't believe this could be the reason.

The question is more likely like why is it still asking for cleaning even when you run the Tape test utility from HP after you've used the cleaningtape.