1753755 Members
4960 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DDS-3 Autoloader

Justin Cuke_1
Occasional Advisor

DDS-3 Autoloader

I want to connect a DDS-3 AutoLoader to a 9000 K360, however the drive is a NSE connector (50 pin) and the system does not have an available connector for this drive. Can I daisy chain the drive onto a storage system that is connected to the system which has an available 68 pin SE connector using the cable with the appropriate ends?
3 REPLIES 3
Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

Re: DDS-3 Autoloader

I have seen this work before, but there are things to consider. The SCSI controller on the host must be single-ended and not high-voltage differential. Also all the devices on the chain must also be single-ended. If all that is true then it might work. The 68 to 50 pin cables are tricky things on HP systems.

-Bob
----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!
Leif Halvarsson_2
Honored Contributor

Hi
It is possible to mix NSE and WSE on the same bus but I don't recommend this , particulary if there is disk system connected. Performance can decrease very much.
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Basically if you connect SE and Differential devices on a Differential bus, the bus will have to cater for the SE device and thus lose speed to SE throughout the bus. So anything connected with the drive would have a performance loss.

HTH,
Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!