StoreEver Tape Storage
1752815 Members
6017 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DDS Dat20/40 Autoloader Problem

Jasbir Jabbal

DDS Dat20/40 Autoloader Problem

Drive is indicating the following error : LAR HW Error M5s09510... Bios and Windows 2003 Server recognizes the drive with no problem.
5 REPLIES 5
Dave Farrington
Frequent Advisor

Re: DDS Dat20/40 Autoloader Problem

Jasbir
What type of SCSI card are you using?

In the SCSI BIOS, is LUN support enabled or disabled?

If you have library and tape tools installed, does it see both the loader and drive?
Jasbir Jabbal

Dave, I am using the on-board SCSI on a ML 530 and I will check on the utilities you have mentioned to see if loader and drive are getting picked up. Thanks.
Dave Farrington
Frequent Advisor

Ok Jasbir
If you have library and tape tools installed load it up and run the device analysis test and the connectivity test. It would be beneficial to flash the firmware on the unit to ensure it has the current version.
Also, if you are running a third party back up software such as Veritas or Tapeware, be sure to go in to the services menu of your OS and disable removable storage. One other thing in relation to the back up software. If you are using anything other than Windows NT to back up, make sure that the third party software (veritas etc.) drivers are on the unit and NOT the HP drivers.

Hope this helps,,,let me know and I will be sure to assist you wherever I can.
Jasbir Jabbal

Dave, as per your last reply, I have loaded the Veritas Tape Utility and have confirmed that both the Loader and the drive are getting picked up as Compaq TSL-10000 - one as "enclosure" and the other as "autoloader".
Veritas BE 10.1 is also picking up the drive but I can't run any functions - initialization etc. I will take a look at the services as suggested. Thanks for all your help.
Dave Farrington
Frequent Advisor

Sounds good

Library and tape tools (HP utility) can be downloaded from here if you do not have it.

www.hp.com/support/tapetools

select your OS
then download selecting all the defaults

once its installed, lets get the veritas services all stopped and then load it up.. We can then see exactly how its responding through Library and Tape Tools