New Discussion юеВ

Re: DDS Log Sense Pages and Parameters

SOLVED
Go to solution
Markus Pruehs
Advisor

DDS Log Sense Pages and Parameters

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,
after several months of begging I have given up on asking for a manual with a description of the SCSI Log Sense command for my HP C1553A DDS Autoloader. As far as I know, the HP C1553A OEM Product Manual or the DDS Technical Manual, Volume 3, The SCSI Interface contains this documentation, but according to Mr. Klee from the HP technical support these books are not only unavailable but also unknown here in Germany. I finally contacted Jerry Ponko, author of Ptape for BeOS, who seems to be the only one with a complete list of Log Page Codes and Descriptions. In the source code of his Tapecntl program I found most of the corresponding Log Parameter Codes and Descriptions. He is a big help! Still, I do not know the Parameters for the following Pages: 36h Bad Group Log Page, 37h Drive Counters Page, 38h Mechanism Counters Page and 3Dh Autoloader Retry Counters Page. I would like to ask you for this information with maybe a short explanation of its meaning. Thank you in advance, Markus.
3 REPLIES 3
madoc
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Markus,

I have the HP technical manuals in pdf format. To my knowledge, they should be available on request.

If you post your email address then I will forward them to you.

They are too big to attach here.

cheers,

John
Eagles may soar in the clouds but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines
Markus Pruehs
Advisor

Hallo John,
I cannot describe my joy when I received your reply: I did not expect anything and get all I ever wanted. My email is pruehs@vsrw.de
If you do not mind, I will send your documents to Mr. Klee, so that HP technical support in Germany has them available, and publish the Log Page / Log Parameter Codes and Descriptions here as a first answer for future readers. I am going to be a happy camper.
With the most respect, Markus.
Markus Pruehs
Advisor