StoreEver Tape Storage
1752815 Members
6158 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DLT 4 40 (FC Controller) not recognized by cmquerycl (Hp-UX 11.00)

Michele (Mike) Alberton
Regular Advisor

DLT 4 40 (FC Controller) not recognized by cmquerycl (Hp-UX 11.00)

Hi Folks !

We used to have a DLT 4/40 shared in a two node cluster through an FC 4/2 SCSI bridge. It has been discontinued so that we had to move to a DLT 4/40 with two FC controller cards.

Now running stquerycl in the old configuration (through the bridge) we got our controller recognized as well as the four drives.

Using the new configuration instead the cmquerycl completes with no shared tapes available.

Since one of the ATSCONF parameters refer to the FCPMUX I believe that missing that piece we won't be able to share the library, but I hope I'm wrong.

Have you got any idea on this (consider that we should use it with Omniback 3.5) ?

Thanks in advance !

Cheers,

Mike
2 REPLIES 2
Michael Steele_2
Honored Contributor

Re: DLT 4 40 (FC Controller) not recognized by cmquerycl (Hp-UX 11.00)

I think you need to reverse the order of your procedure, cmquerycl first and stquerycl second. From this lind:

"...A MC/ServiceGuard cluster configuration must be successfully completed before stquerycl is done...

http://docs.hp.com/cgi-bin/fsearch/framedisplay?top=/hpux/onlinedocs/B3936-90032/B3936-90032_top.html&con=/hpux/onlinedocs/B3936-90032/00/00/35-con.html&toc=/hpux/onlinedocs/B3936-90032/00/00/35-toc.html&searchterms=stquerycl&queryid=20030315-022024
Support Fatherhood - Stop Family Law
Michele (Mike) Alberton
Regular Advisor

Re: DLT 4 40 (FC Controller) not recognized by cmquerycl (Hp-UX 11.00)

Hi M. Frederick !

I think I poorly explained what I was doing, sorry.
Our procedure is as follows:

stquerycl -v -C /etc/cmcluster/sharedtape/sharedtape.ascii
stcheckconf -v -C /etc/cmcluster/sharedtape/sharedtape.ascii
stapplyconf -v -C /etc/cmcluster/sharedtape/sharedtape.ascii
It usually works ok, but I've realized that without an FCMux in between ATS does not work.

I'll try to use Omniback to handle sharing of resources among the cluster.

Thanks anyway !

Cheers,

Mike