1753444 Members
5000 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DLT 80 LED flashing

Jens-Peter Brand

DLT 80 LED flashing

Hello,

i am having some trouble with a C5725A Surestore DLT 80i. This thing does not want to work anymore. All LEDs on the left are blinking and the drive ist no longer found on the SCSI bus. So there is no diagnostic tool that would help me. As I have no more warrenty on it I would like to know if there is any hint for a solution before I contact tech support.

Thanx Jens-Peter, Germany
8 REPLIES 8
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Jens-Peter Brand

Eugeny,

no this is not the case. On my DLT 80i the LEDs on the left 10.0 ... 40.0 GB, compression etc. are blinking. It does not make any difference if there is a tape inserted or not. I already tried with several tapes. And: The device is not found on the SCSI bus! So I think it's a hardware failure.

Thanx again, Jens-Peter
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Are you trying to load a data cartridge in the drive?
Tape Drives RULE!!!
Jens-Peter Brand

Yes, I tried loading a cartridge but it was not completely loaded. But I am able to unload it without any problems. Reading my user guide did not help me too much ;-)

Isn't it a SCSI/hardware problem. I think so because the drive is not found on the bus. If there was only a problem with a tape I think that the drive would still be visible on the SCSI bus!?!?
Jens-Peter Brand

I was wrong ... the cartridge is loaded without any problems. The leader picks the tape an pulls it out. That works fine.
I now called tech support and they forwarded me to the repair center. There I was told that they will repair the drive for 1,000$ (one thousand) and I will then get 6 months warrenty on it. Thanks!!!
George Neill
Trusted Contributor

I previously had DLT drive with all lights on the left blinking. My technician said the drive had "lost it's mind" and there was nothing to do but replace it.
Jeffrey Willemsen
Frequent Advisor

All units report hardware error with left led's blinking. All led's on the right blinking is servo error (tape motion errors). Because main logic and servo are independant (but communicate with eachother) the servo will load and unload the tape even if the main logic is dead. Repair is one option and should cost you a lot less then $1000.

Jeffrey
Don't change a working configuration