108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DLT 8000 Firmware Upgrade

SOLVED
Go to solution
Simon Cox_3
Occasional Advisor

DLT 8000 Firmware Upgrade

I am in the UK and need to apply a firmware upgrade to some DLT 8000's on an N Class server using STM.

My question is - Will I need any kind of password to apply the firmware upgrade?

The upgrade itself is a free download and is considered to be mandatory by HP (Firmware release 59 - ref Cypress SRAM error)

Many thanks

Simon Cox
5 REPLIES 5
John Palmer
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Simon,

No, you don't need any password.

I did some DLT8000's a couple of weeks ago after hitting a problem when I couldn't read a backup tape

It's easiest if you place the firmware file in /var/tmp - which is mstm's default location. Then run mstm, highlight the required drive, tab to tools (I think) and select firmware upgrade.

Note that patch 59 is for tape libraries, the latest for free-standing drive is 80 which I couldn't find for download, HP had to email it to me.

Regards,
John
Simon Cox_3
Occasional Advisor

Many thanks for your help John.

Do you have a contact at HP so that I can obtain ver 80 please?

Simon
Jan Klier
Respected Contributor

If you're unable to obtain firmware from the web for tape drives or libraries you can send an e-mail to ltt_team@hp.com and request help.

(disclaimer: the above e-mail address is for support with tape and library diagnostics software only. For hardware support problems you need to contact your support provider according to your service contract)
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Firmware for standalone DLT products connected to enterprise systems (i.e. HP-UX) is currently not published to the external website (as we have not had this requested in the past). If the forum sees this as valuable, we can publish the Support Tools Manager (STM) format firmware files to the HP Customer Care website (in addition to the HP Library & Tape Tools files).
The journey IS the reward.
Vince Laurent
Respected Contributor

PLEASE publish it.... now I have to wait for HP to ship it. We have 4 DLT 8000 on version 20 and the new version of OB 4.x needs firmware v 51.