New Discussion юеВ

Re: DLT 8000 partially available

SOLVED
Go to solution
Darren Poh_1
Frequent Advisor

DLT 8000 partially available

hi,
recently the tape drive DLT8000 shows partially available. strangely the backup is able to complete. but why did the DLT shows partially available and how to remedy it?

thanks,
8 REPLIES 8
Devender Khatana
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Which view is displaying this as partially available ?

Regards,
Devender
Impossible itself mentions "I m possible"
Darren Poh_1
Frequent Advisor

the diplay itself show this msg.
Stuart Whitby
Trusted Contributor

My *guess* is you need a firmware upgrade to fix this. As to why it's only started recently (I guess), I have no idea. Maybe the firmware that you have on there is set to expire after a set amount of time.

Alternatively, while backups may work, have you tried a restore? Maybe that's the part that's not available :o
A sysadmin should never cross his fingers in the hope commands will work. Makes for a lot of mistakes while typing.
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

I do not know your model of librarly but have a look at the following document, it will probably fix your problem

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=lpg75080

marino
Darren Poh_1
Frequent Advisor

thanks, that helps...
Darren Poh_1
Frequent Advisor

hi,

the status showed:

Incompatible magazine(s)
Magazines missing

but the magazine is present, the magazine is the same magazine have been in use all alone. what could be the reason?

i also run into problem in access the Web-based library/autoloader administrator pages.

kindly assist.

thanks.
Stuart Whitby
Trusted Contributor

If there's a sensor to detect a magazine, then it's probably a simple case of a hole with a switch in it. You put the right magazine in, a peice of it slots into that hole and flips the switch. In this case, it's likely either the switch is faulty or the magazine has been damaged or badly inserted so that the switch isn't triggered.

Take the magazine out and take a look at it. Is it damaged in any way? (Especially around any of those strange bits of moulding along the back.) Is it inserted fully?

The other question is whether tapes are being taken from all of the slots, or whether some are unavailable. If messing about with the tape magazines doesn't change anything and all the tapes are available, I wouldn't worry. Otherwise, it may be worthwhile either getting an engineer out or going to take a look yourself to see if you can spot whether a switch is faulty.
A sysadmin should never cross his fingers in the hope commands will work. Makes for a lot of mistakes while typing.

if you have an autoloader 1/9 clean the little white threecornered signs on the internal three-slot magazine and on all changer magazine you use.

Power off and on the changer. After restart all should be ok.