1752579 Members
3980 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

DLT 80i

Jeff Pederson
Advisor

DLT 80i

Am running Netware 5.1 with SP5. Using an Intel SDS2 motherboard with 2 onboard Ultra160 controllers. After NW has been installed, everytime I restart the server the time that it takes to come back up (load Novell modules) increases drastically. It might take a minute to restart the first time, then five minutes, then 10... until it actually gets to the point where the server won't start because the file system on the NW partition has been destroyed. This ONLY happens if I have the DLT80i tape drive in the server. If I remove it and begin the installation over again everything runs fine. I have tried two different servers, different configurations, etc. with always the same results. Anyone have any ideas?
1 REPLY 1
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Re: DLT 80i

Hello Jeff,
only thing I can suspect is that you have boot disk on the same bus with DLT drive...
I suggest:
- try HP recommended C7474A HBA (or Adaptec 29160/29160LP) with only one DLT connected;
- check DLT driver for netware;
- install drive into host which can run HP Library and Tape Tools (it's available from www.hp.com) and run test/update drive's firmware (BTW, which firmware drive has?). Check support ticked generated by LTT.
Eugeny