StoreEver Tape Storage
1753835 Members
7149 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DLT Drive Not Being Recognized

Bill Goosehorn

DLT Drive Not Being Recognized

We have an external DLT drive connected through a AHA 2940UW SCSI card. Now we did have it chained on the end of three HP4mm drives for two weeks and it seemed to work fine. The DLT seemed to fail after two weeks so we replaced it with a new one but when it was connected we literally watched the HP4mm's drop off of the device manager. So basically when the DLT is connected there are no drives even within (CTRL+A)? If you remove the DLT from the HP4mm chain they all come back without any problems. I have added a second 2940UW and ran the DLT independantly of the other three HP4mm and still it is not seen in the BIOS or Windows? We have tried 5 DLT drives so this cannot be a broken drive issue. In 15 years I have never seen something like this. We have tried different cables, different SCSI cards, different DLT drives, and different terminators. We have tried them without termination since the 2940UW is auto terminated but nothing. I have read through this forum quite a few times throughout the years and could always find my answer without having to post. I am not getting a warm and fuzzy feeling not seeing this issue already dicussed in the forum somewhere, lol.

William Goosehorn
2 REPLIES 2
Lewis Finch
Honored Contributor

Re: DLT Drive Not Being Recognized

Bill, you didn't mention which DLT it is. There are many.
"You can't lead the orchestra without turning your back to the crowd"
Bill Goosehorn

Re: DLT Drive Not Being Recognized

Yes I realized that and I appoligize. I only have the serial number of the current one but I have tried Quantoms, and HP DLT drives. The serial number is A3590A for the current drive and it is an HP but again I am not sure of the exact model. I have however already emailed my boss to get the exact model.