5704 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DLT Help

Sanjay_6
Honored Contributor

Hi Steve,

Is your drive plugged into a system. Also is it terminated. Terminate it if it is not terminated and plus it into a system if it is not plugged in and then try.

thanks
Steve_42
Occasional Advisor

Yes, the drive is plugged in to a machine running windows NT, also it is correctly terminated. The drive was working fine before the handle had been pushed down. I have tried with the computer on and off.
Harold Veatch

Steve,
Sounds like you have a bugcheck error on your drive. Download the product manual at http://www.quantum.com. It is at service/support manuals.
Alan R. Yin
Occasional Advisor

Is there any LED flashing on the right hand side of the drive when you trying to pull the handle? If the drive in normal condition, the "operate handle" green LED should be on. Try this way: lift the handle until it can't go any further and hold for about 30 seconds, the green LED should be on, then you can open it.
Steve_42
Occasional Advisor

Hello, again. When i hold the handle as far as it goes, after a little while the operate handle LED starts to flash, but the handle will sill not go any higher, if i release the handle it will start giong through the motions as if i had just put a tape in there. When the drive decides that there is no tape all of the LEDS down the right hand side of the drive will start to flash.
Doug Rauenzahn
Advisor

If you look into the cartridge opening, you should see a latch to the right. The latch is used to both retain a tape and keep the door from opening. Reach in and gently rotate the latch back out of the cartridge bay to the right. With it held back, open the handle.