108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DLT Library Model 35/70 Connection Problems

SOLVED
Go to solution
Colin Humphreys
Occasional Contributor

DLT Library Model 35/70 Connection Problems

Using a HP C5172L, aka Compaq DLT 35/70, attempting to connect this drive to a Compaq Smart-2DH controller. I have a green light on the scsi interface on the DLT library, and the SCSI card recognises that there is a storage library connected to it. Unfortunately at POST the SCSI card outputs the following errors;
1775 - Slot 1 Drive Array - Proliant storage enclosure not responding
SCSI port 2: Check storage enclosure power switch and cables
1785 - Slot 1 Drive array not configured
The library does a self test and inventory when the server is rebooted, and then claims to be ready. Obviously the power and scsi leads are correctly connected or the scsi controller wouldn't know it had a storage enclosure attached to it. Is there a simple solution?
4 REPLIES 4
Peter Godron
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: DLT Library Model 35/70 Connection Problems

Colin,
end of the day for me, so just a quick start.
Have you had a look at:
http://www5.itrc.hp.com/service/james/search.do?searchtext=Proliant+storage+enclosure+not+responding&searchcriteria=exactphrase&searchtype=SEARCH_FORUMS&rn=25&presort=rank&x=36&y=7
Seems to come up with a few initial things to check.
Regards
Peter Godron
Honored Contributor

Colin,
is this problem cleared. What was the solution?
Thanks
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

the library should not be connected to a raid controller, you should ad a dedicated SCSI controller for the unit. Depending if the unit is a HVD or SE interface, you should use the apropriate scsi controller

marino
Colin Humphreys
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the help, it appears that the SCSI controller wouldn't talk to any devices without internal drives also being attached to it. As this is impossible in this situation I have attached the library to an old server with the same controller card and it is recognised fine.