4755 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DLT Library on Tape Controller II not seen in OSs

Pat_96
Occasional Contributor

DLT Library on Tape Controller II not seen in OSs

Hi,
I have a Compaq FCTC II connected with a CP Dlt library. telnet to FCTC shows the following via option 1 - SCSI devices

0 4 0 QUANTUM DLT7000 CPQ LDRV2150
0 5 0 QUANTUM DLT7000 CPQ LDRV2150
0 6 0 HP C5173-7000 4.06

ID on BUS zero of FCTC is 8 and one is 7 so looks like FCTC see everything ok.
but i cannot see any of these devices on W2k / W2k3 with either LP8000 / LP9002L on Compaq Storageworks Storage switch 8 1gb (all discontinued products)
thought it might be FC to SCSI mapping but resetting FCTC to factory show same list each time. all lights on SAN Switch are green.
really appreciate any feedback.
Shouldnt tape lib be seen without any special configs?
Should i be using a newer unit such as MDR or NDR
thanks in advance.
Pat
3 REPLIES 3
Bostjan Kosi
Trusted Contributor

Re: DLT Library on Tape Controller II not seen in OSs

Yes Pat you could have a small problem...FCTCII is so old product that the FC drives used on you systems might have problems seeing it correctly...also there were number of issues with FCTCII...Even Compaq offered good tradeins at the time.

But for starters, check mapping info on FCTCII. If you have nothing else attached to the FC SW clear all zones, You'll recreate the needed ones later, after you establish communication. Downgrade FC HBA drivers to version 4.something (in case you have 5.xxx drivers). Upgrade FCTC to the latest available FW:

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/10627.html

I'm attaching also some instructions

BR
B.
Nothing is impossible for those that don't have to do it themselves!
Pat_96
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Bostjan Kosi
Latest firmware installed on FCTC.
but set libary ids to 1.2.3 and are now being recognised over FC SW on W2kAS !!! but not on 2k3, even with exact same HBA and even pluged directly from FCTC to HBA

will try downgrading drvrs on 2k3
failing that its a newer bridge
thanks for the help
Pat
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

This is a problem that appeared with W2K3, in fact the OS will not scan for any additional LUNs if the LUN0 is not present.
You should present something with LUN0 to your server. I do not knwow this model of router, but with the recent one it is possible to present the router itself as LUN0. in alternative, you have to reconfigure it to present the robotic controller as LUN0

marino