1748180 Members
3919 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DLT Loader Problem

Mohammad Sajid
Occasional Advisor

DLT Loader Problem

My loader is having a problem and shows the following error.

HARD ERROR

Failed to load tape into Drive
Plunge control System
Detected an over voltage
Failed Move
From Storage Slot 1 To Drive 1
2004-02-17
Code 62, Qualifier 10,
Sequence 115,53,131,54,53,135
Any help in this regard will be appreciated.
6 REPLIES 6
Mohamed  K Ahmed
Trusted Contributor

Re: DLT Loader Problem

first of all, try to reboot the tape library, check if it will happen again.
Check the power coming to the tape drive.

Mohamed
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

I'll assume you have a 2/20 series library or a 1/9 autoloader.

The picker had difficulty putting the tape in the drive. Is this repeatible, or did it happen just once?

If you would, install HP Library & Tape Tools (www.hp.com/support/tapetools), run the tool, select the library/autoloader, and then generate a support ticket (from the support tool icon). Save this to a file, and then email it to ltt_team@hp.com, and we can review the error logs.

Alternately, if you have the remote management interface installed/configured, you can save off the report page.

Don't update firmware until AFTER you have collected the ticket/report. The current code is 1.62/2.62 (depending on which product you have).
The journey IS the reward.
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

It appear you have several problems:
code 60 qual 10 indicate that the robotic couln't load the tape and detect an overvoltage on the picker
you hava also several bugcheck logged on the DLT, these indicate problem to the DLT, may be a Dropped leader.

Anyway, try to upgrade first the firmware form 23.30 to the actual 26.00

Be sure you have a good electrical power distribution and good grounding

marino
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Sorry, I didn't notice that an LTT support ticket was already attached. Typically they are >1MB and you can't attach them here (unless they have DLT drives).

The A209 bugchecks in the drive are a problem called "full whir" (although they can be dropped leaders too).

If you look in the drive/media log of the library, there are errors saying "tape drive rejected load of tape".

The logs show that the tapes came from a number of different slots, but its hard to tell if they are the same or different tapes, as there are no barcodes. (Always a good idea to use barcodes with the 1/9 and 2/20 family products, as they aid in logging the tape that had problems).

Definately update to 2.60 firmware. You can use the "details" button on the "get files from web" to see the fixes in the various releases between 2.30 and 2.60. There were some changes around tape unload, but not specifically for an overforce.

One possible cause could be oxidation on the brush tracks. With 2.60 firmware, run the "Full Sweep" test for 100 cycles - that will clean the tracks.
Mohammad Sajid
Occasional Advisor

Hi David:
Just for updating you. I have applied the following remedies but the problem unchanged.
-I ran the sweeptest 100.
- Cleaned the white notch, shown inside eper left corner.
-Firware revision upgraded

It is very important to tell you that when start the arcserve manager, it continuously rotating the cartridge for indefinite time. when I stop the tape engine, it goes in loop, and does not release the mouse untill I logoff the session.

Sometime it shows the message.
Could not start the ARCserve Tape Engine service on local computer.
Error 183: Cannot create a file when that file already exist

Thanks

David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Mohammad,

I'm sorry the suggestions did not solve your problem so far.

> It is very important to tell you that when start the arcserve manager, it continuously rotating the cartridge for indefinite time. when I stop the tape engine, it goes in loop, and does not release the mouse untill I logoff the session.

It's hard to tell if that is a hardware problem or a software problem.

Can you collect another LTT support ticket (after disabling the backup services), and we can see if there are any new entries in any of the logs? The firmware update will clear the library logs, so any errors will be new.

If there are no errors there, we should look at the windows event logs.