StoreEver Tape Storage
1753475 Members
4600 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DLT Surestore 40 never ready and door won't open

mark bowen_1

DLT Surestore 40 never ready and door won't open

The DLT Surestore 40 drive in our Proliant Server has stopped working. When powered on, the lights on the Left (Compression) cycle and then go off. Then there are no lights on at all. The green Ready light does not come on and the door will not open. Pressing the compression button lets you cycle through the options, but nothing else appears to work!
3 REPLIES 3
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Re: DLT Surestore 40 never ready and door won't open

Is this drive seen from OS/device manager? Try HP LTT http://www.hp.com/cposupport/information_storage/support_doc/lpg50128.html
Eugeny
mark bowen_1

Eugeny

I have had to remove the drive from the Server and replace it. I now have the DLT 40 on the bench connected to a Power supply, with the same results. There is no Tape in the drive, but still no Green Ready light and the door will not open. What will the HP LTT package allow me to do??Thanks.

Mark.
Michael Steele_2
Honored Contributor

Well, I'm just reading Eugeny's link and I think this is definitely the ticket for you to follow. The L&TT is supported on Windows, HP-UX and Netware so you'll need an O/S to use this product. Here's a pasted description from the link:

HP StorageWorks Library and Tape Tools (L&TT) is a collection of storage hardware management and diagnostic tools for Nearline Tape, Nearline Tape Automation, and Nearline Archival products. L&TT assembles these tools into a single, convenient program.
Support Fatherhood - Stop Family Law