Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
StoreEver Tape Storage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLT VS80 problem with ArcServe 7

Angelo Poyiadjis
Occasional Visitor

DLT VS80 problem with ArcServe 7

I have installed three drives in a RAID configuration and use ArcServer as my backup software.The transfer rate is extremely slow. the drives are identified by ArcServer as DAT and not DLT.
5 REPLIES
Mollenhorst
Occasional Visitor

Re: DLT VS80 problem with ArcServe 7

I have exactly the same problem and have spend hours on searching now.
My DLT drive is identified as DAT.
I have been succesfull in changing the blocksize in ARCServe 2000. Here is an URL:

http://www.qualstar.com/pan017.pdf

But after changing ARCServe still identifies DAT in stead of DLT. Have you made progress on this one yet? I would like to hear!
Angelo Poyiadjis
Occasional Visitor

By changing the DefaultBlockSize to 64k seems to have done the trick. The transfer rate averages between 140Mb/sec and 150 mb/sec
Mollenhorst
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for your reaction. Does it matter that ARCServe identifies the drive as a DAT? And does this influence the maximal capacity stored on the drive?
Angelo Poyiadjis
Occasional Visitor

No it does not matter and it does not influence the capacity.
Mollenhorst
Occasional Visitor

Angelo,

Thanks once again for your reaction. I'm having an average of 185 MB / minute now. First i thought that this would affect the way ARCerve records its data on the tape.

kind regards,

Gerrit-Jan (typical dutch name)