4184 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DLT configuration

bernard_4
Occasional Advisor

DLT configuration

Hi all, need some help here.

I have 2 N class, 1 L class that's attach to a Brocade switch.. and a 6/100 DLT lib attach to it as well..

after hooking everything up... the L class was able to see the tapes.. but the 2 Ns are not able to see them.. ioscan does not show them at all..

are there any patches out there that i should know of.. or anything that i might have missed out..

any insights is well appreciated.. thanks in advance.. write me if u can.. bernard_wk@yahoo.com

4 REPLIES 4
Rick Garland
Honored Contributor

Are the drivers installed into the kernel on the N class machines? You mentioned that ioscan did not see them, is/are there any UNCLAIMED devices in the ioscan output?

For the DLTs, I believe it is the stape driver that you would need.
Eric de Lange_2
Respected Contributor

In addition to Rick's message, you might want to check on the switch, if the 2 N's log in differntly into the fabric compared to the L-class. I know that for instance on NT servers, we need to tell the FC driver to log in as an "N" port instead of the default "NL" port. I do not know how that works on N-class systems but it might give you a hint on what is going on.

best regards,

Cal.
bernard_4
Occasional Advisor

did an ioscan on the L which always was able to see the DLTs.. and I have the tape class plus DLT description..

On any of the Ns.. I don't c them.. I don't c any UNCLAIMED devices either..

keep em coming guys.. thanks a bunch..

bernard_4
Occasional Advisor

turns out to be a patch issue.. the matter has been resolved.. thanks everyone for taking the time..