Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
StoreEver Tape Storage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLT2000 / Compaq 3300

SOLVED
Go to solution
Andrew Kumar
Advisor

DLT2000 / Compaq 3300

Hi Everyone

I am looking for any info you might have for a DLT2000 (BIOS says DEC DLT2000) – but there is a sticker underneath as Compaq 3300. I have also seen references for it on the internet as TH3AA-HJ. It says 15/30 on the front.

HP L&T tools detects it as a DEC DLT2000 (firmware 840B) and says it is not supported.

Any pointers towards compatibility/manual/firmware would be much appreciated.
5 REPLIES
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: DLT2000 / Compaq 3300

Andrew Kumar
Advisor

Many thanks Marino for the link. I did see this on quantumâ s web site, but was confused as they refer the DLT2000 as a 10/20Gb drive and the DLT2000XT as a 15/30Gb drive. They say that the TH3AA should be a DLT2000XT.

My drive is a TH3AA-HK, part number 70-60158-04 and as it says 15/30 â I assume it to be a DLT2000XT then but Quantumâ s drives end in YF and not HK â but I assume that might be because mine is a Compaq badged and not Quantum direct.

Anyway any ideas how to â copyâ the firmware they have on their web site to DLT tape so that I can upgrade the firmware. I am using Windows 2003 and Backup Exec. 10.
Christian Peter
Frequent Advisor

hi, it is a 15/30GB DLT Streamer. also known as DLT2000xt

you can test it with the old Compaq Tape Tool TSMC (tape storage management console). there is also a frw update function avaible... i think 068B was the last, but i'm not sure...

greetings chris

Andrew Kumar
Advisor

Many thanks Chris for confirming that.

I searched for TSMC and found version 2.3.3 for windows â but it does not install correctly (i.e. there are no files in the directory etcâ ¦) I tested the downloaded file in WinRAR and it is ok. I am using W2K3.

Reason I am still trying to get hold of this SW is because I have a few older DLT and DAT drivers and would really like to test them.

Does anyone have a link to an older version or maybe I need to try it on an older OS?
Christian Peter
Frequent Advisor

hi again :)

the tmsc tool only works with win 2k and win98. you have to install java to run tmsc via internet explorer...

i don't remember the correct url to access the web interface...

have you installed tmsc correctly?