4931 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DLT7000 Hot-Swappable ??

Randy Hagedorn
Regular Advisor

DLT7000 Hot-Swappable ??

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, so if not let me know.

I have a DLT7000 in an enclosure on our N4000 system. I need to replace it. I know that it is hot-pluggable, but is it hot-swappable?

If it is hot-swappable, is there a special procedure in replacing it?

Thanks,
Randy

4 REPLIES 4
Court Campbell
Honored Contributor

Re: DLT7000 Hot-Swappable ??

It has been a little while since I messed with an n4000, but I do not remember there being a spot to install drives, except the spot on the rear where the two internal drives go. Are you sure you do not have it connected to the scsi port on the rear of the box. If so, you can power off the drive and disconnect the cable.
"The difference between me and you? I will read the man page." and "Respect the hat." and "You could just do a search on ITRC, you don't need to start a thread on a topic that's been answered 100 times already." Oh, and "What. no points???"
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

What type of chassis?

If this is a "smart" chassis (it is called so) you should ensure there is no access from the server, switch the drive off and pull it out. The scsi bus will stay closed.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

hi,

yes you should be fine, just to remove it and replace it when not in use.

after re-connection you may need to do a full ioscan to get it picked up again.

if your replacing it with another drive then you will need to do an ioscan and install the new dev files.

Andy
Randy Hagedorn
Regular Advisor

Following the advise from our H/W support people, I powered off the tape drive, unplugged the power cable, unplugged the SCSI cable, swapped the tape drive, plugged in all the cables and all seemed fine.

However, after performing an ioscan -fn -C tape, the system crashed and rebooted.

But, after the reboot, the tape drive worked great.

Randy