4966 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DLT7000 Library C5172L: Service Manual?

LaneB
Frequent Advisor

DLT7000 Library C5172L: Service Manual?

Fellow tape-drivers,

I found the user's guide for the Compaq 15-slot library, as referenced in the subject line, but I can't find the service manual. Was one ever published?

If so, anyone got the link?

Thanks much.
Got Qwoob?
14 REPLIES 14
Lewis Finch
Honored Contributor

Re: DLT7000 Library C5172L: Service Manual?

well actually this is a HP 15 slot library that was obsoleted a number of years ago. I do have a PDF I can email you as long as you can retrieve a file this big. 11MB
"You can't lead the orchestra without turning your back to the crowd"
LaneB
Frequent Advisor

Hi, Lewis,

As it turns out, I run the mail servers. 11MB is no problem at all. Please, go ahead and send it along! (kyrrin at bluefeathertech dot comm, and remove the extra 'm').

Just as a nitpick: I've always believed that it's the end user of any device who truly determines if equipment is 'obsolete.' You'd be surprised what I've got in my lab. ;-)

Thanks much.

Got Qwoob?
Lewis Finch
Honored Contributor

Here's the message I got when I tried to send the PDF. message size 15338036 exceeds size limit 3072000
"You can't lead the orchestra without turning your back to the crowd"
LaneB
Frequent Advisor

Lewis (or others): This is just a bit of redundancy in case E-mail is acting up again.

Can that .PDF you mention be posted on HP's FTP site, or somewhere else where I could download it?

Failing that, can I send you a USB drive or blank CD, and some return postage?

Thanks.

Got Qwoob?
Viper One
Occasional Advisor

I am interested in the service manual for this unit as well. Was this ever e-mailed out or made available through other means?

Thank You,
William
LaneB
Frequent Advisor

Viper One,

Yes, I still have it on file here. As Lewis pointed out, it's about 22 or so megs worth of PDF.

Are you at an E-mail address that can accept that large an attachment?

If not, I can (barring any objections from HP) make it available on my FTP archive.

Let me know, please. Thanks.
Got Qwoob?
Viper One
Occasional Advisor

Hello,

Thanks for the reply! Although I have full control of my e-mail server, I would prefer not to open it up to such large attachments. I can however give you temporary credentials to my FTP or you can do likewise if you would prefer. :) I do believe my hotmail account will accept attachments of that size however I have not tested that.

Otherwise, please contact me at hotmail address with your contact info and I can setup the FTP or get info from you if you would prefer. Again thank you for your reply.

Have a great day,
William
Viper One
Occasional Advisor

Hello Again LaneBA,

I was wondering if you had a chance to read my last post. I am still hoping to get a hold of the service manual for this changer. You can e-mail viper_11111@hotmail.com with credentials to your FTP site or direct contact info so I can send credentials to my FTP site to you if you would like.

Thanks,
William
DagNygren

Hi,

I am also having trouble with this library and have been looking for a service manual.

So pppleease ;-)