StoreEver Tape Storage
1748204 Members
4028 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DLT7000 Library C5172L: Service Manual?

Viper One
Occasional Advisor

Re: DLT7000 Library C5172L: Service Manual?

Unfortunately I never received a reply to my post in January...:(

William
LaneB
Frequent Advisor

Gaak... Viper, I apologize. I thought I had replied. I think part of the problem is that I've had to block ALL of Hotmail's domain because of ongoing spam and abuse. If you tried to message me through them, I would not have seen it.

TO THOSE LOOKING FOR THIS MANUAL: It is available, as a .PDF, from my FTP site. Now, keep in mind that I use a non-standard port, so you'll need to do some tweaks to get in.

FROM A WEB BROWSER:

ftp://ftp.bluefeathertech.com:50021

Look in the following directory.

/computing/hardware/storage/compaq/library/4215/docs

In there, you will find a 12MB file called 421x-svc.pdf. Download that, and you will have your service manual.

For the record: The only real "failure" I've had from my own library was when I added a second drive, and neglected to reinitialize the library itself to defaults.

In short, I caused my own problem.

Happy tweaking.

Got Qwoob?
Viper One
Occasional Advisor

Thank you so much for the PDF. I am downloading it now. I have had the library sitting powered off for quite some time. Oddly enough it's due to the same issue you mentioned! I added a drive on my own and caused a failure. I could have just removed the drive and gone back to the way it was, but a library with 1 drive isn't of much use to me. In fact I pulled the drive from another chassis that is now just sitting around soon to end up on eBay. I have since switched to using disk storage instead of tape which has alleviated MANY issues wsith failed backups over time. But I'll repair what I have anyway for year end purposes!

Thanks a bunch,
William
LaneB
Frequent Advisor

@Viper One, or anyone else who might have downloaded the file...

Due to an FTP site crash a few months ago, the PDF of the service manual mentioned in this thread was lost.

Would someone who still has the file please E-mail attach it to me so I can restore it to its place?

Thanks much.

Got Qwoob?
Rupert Kirkham

If HP tech support is listening; please post a link to the FTP location on your server where this file can be downloaded? There are a lot of us out here who are very happy with our HP / Compaq tape libraries and we want to look after them.