1753344 Members
5062 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DLT7000 problems

DagNygren

DLT7000 problems

Hi,

have a problematic DLT7000 drive here that will not accept the tape 9 times out of 10 (and getting worse). Loading a tape only turns the reels a bit forward and then back and stays there. When it sees the tape it does a lot of examination back and forth until settling down. The drive is a library type and thus I have no frontpanel LEDS
I have noticed though that the LED:s on the PCB labeled CNT_ACT and CNT_OK doesn't lit when the drive is failing.
I tried asking support for a service manual, but to no avail. Is there anyone out there that knows what the LED:s refer to? It would limit the search area quite a bit.

Best
4 REPLIES 4
Wei Jung
Trusted Contributor

Can you actually run Library and Tape tools to perform an assessment test on the drive?
Make sure it is at it's latest firmware, it can correct several mechanical issues, although it seems that the drive is breaking down.
DagNygren

Cannot contact the drive any more, doesn't seem to answer to anything when the CNT_OK LED is out...
Firmware upgrade cannot be done as this is in a library and latest supported firmware is already installed.
Mark Matthews
Respected Contributor

Do you have the latest FW on the Library OR the Drives? Or both?
They can be done seperately using Library and Tape Tools.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white Kudos star to the left if this post is helpful :)
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Consider the drive is bad.
This could happen to an old drive ...

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!