StoreEver Tape Storage
1753889 Members
7693 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DLT7000 with all lights on

Ferdi Tjandra

DLT7000 with all lights on

I have an external DLT7000 that has been working fine for a while now. But, now when I turn it on, all seven orange leds on the left side stay lit (not flashing). It will load a tape and the "Tape In Use" indicator will light up, but Windows XP won't detect the drive. I checked all the cables and terminators, and everything is fine. What problem do the orange leds signify? Thanks for the help.
6 REPLIES 6
Sunil Sharma_1
Honored Contributor

Are you able to load and unload tape properly ?

Orange LED has different meeanings depend on sequence.

try to clean tape once and try again.
Sunil
*** Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today ***
Ferdi Tjandra

Yes, when I put in a tape, it'll make a 'whirling' sound and then the "Tape In Use" indicator will light up green. But during the whole time (right after turning on the unit), all the lights on the left side are solid orange. There is no sequence, they are all on.
ddeblance
Frequent Advisor

Hello Ferdi,
In my experience, with testing used equipment for resell, when a DLT hass all lights on then it is a serious fault. I have yet to repair a DLT with that failure.

-D
ddeblance
Frequent Advisor

Hello Ferdi,
In my experience, with testing used equipment for resell, when a DLT has all lights on then it is a serious fault. I have yet to repair a DLT with that failure.

-D
Ferdi Tjandra

That's what I was afraid of. Do you know what replacement drive I need to get? I looked on the drive itself and it's model number is TH6AE. Then I looked on eBay and they have a couple of these drives that seem to look the same, but they have two extra letters in the model number (i.e. TH6AE-HK, TH6AE-ZZ, etc.). What is the difference? Could I also get the TH6AF, which is the differential version? Thanks.
ddeblance
Frequent Advisor

I know that the THA6 is a DLT7000, not sure about the other characters. What you might want to do is remove the top cover and install a tape and actually watch the leader pick up the tape. If the leader is broken the lights will come on. If that is the case the leader can be replaced if you have some hardware background. I wouldn't suggest Ebay as a logical source for harware. Try www.escorp.com out of Houston. They sell new and used Hp equipment.