1752613 Members
4475 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DPE Restore from specific tape

DJokinen
Occasional Advisor

DPE Restore from specific tape

I'm having problems restoring from my latest backup tape. I've named them Monday - Friday and I'm certain I used the Friday -tape this last friday. In DPE the tapes are called Media - Media:4. Fridays tape are simply called Media (verified with an identify job).

My backup -job is a full backup / full verify running each day at 11PM. I simply swap tapes monday through friday, no incremental backup or anything such. There are no errors in the logs.

I am now inserting Fridays tape and exploring through media content. I see my folders that I'd like to restore, so I right-click and choose 'restore specific'. I go through the guide and start restore. But, it ejects the tape saying 'insert correct media, Media:1'. It doesn't matter what I do, I just can't seem to restore from that certain tape.

What I'd like is to be able to browse the contents of fridays tape and restore only what's on that specific tape. How do I do that?
4 REPLIES 4
DJokinen
Occasional Advisor

OK the only way I got it to work was to delete all media, except the one I wanted to get data from. I just got it to restore from fridays tape, but I'm sure there's some other way to do this. Anyone?
Abdul Ansari

while you are selecting files for restore, click on the small funnel icon above. It will open a window. You can add specific media in the bottom left corner box. Try it out.
Olibe Babaco
Frequent Advisor

Yup Abdul is right!

see the attachment of the screenshot!
Daniel J

Oh ok, very nice! I'll remember that :)

Thanks guys!