1753604 Members
6054 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DVD Matshita SR-8175

Radek Valachovic
Occasional Contributor

DVD Matshita SR-8175

I have DVD-ROM Matshita SR-8175, notebook HPomnibookXE3, DVD is RPC 2 protected Region 1, I live in Europe DVD's are Region 2, Every application (dvd players) are saying I have 1 more chance to change the region of DVD drive so I click ok but then dialog box will appear saying The operation cannot be completed....I don't know what to do....thanks please if somebody can help me write me on radek_valachovic@yahoo.com tahnks
attachment: DVD info (picture)
2 REPLIES 2
Cameron Todd
Regular Advisor

After the system complains, will it thensuccessfully read the Region 2 DVD or does it halt?

I know that DVD players are usually given 5 or 6 region changes before the change locks to a permanent region, however, seems strange that your countdown is not at zero.

I have been told that once the unit locks it is not resetable and therefore the DVD-drive is best thrown out.
Radek Valachovic
Occasional Contributor

It tells me that cannot play DVD because is another region. When I use Region Killer in DVD player that come with notebook HP DVDExpress is only purple screen nothing happens, when I shut down the Killer the screen appear to change region because the disc is different, and when I use another player like PowerDVD and use Killer only says that disc is dirty (DVD is new) and when I shut down the killer Power DVD says that is another region.....still I have 1 remain of changing region but it doesn't work.
Only I can play on this DVD is Region 1 / US and DVD drive is fine not corrupted or damage, is playing every cd and software DVD and Region 1 DVD movies, DVD is RPC 2 Region 1 as I said before...I am afraid of flashing that DVD because I am afraid of destroyin it....