1753797 Members
6851 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Dat 72 Data Protector. Recover Data?

Rope_1
Occasional Contributor

Dat 72 Data Protector. Recover Data?

Im using HP (c7438a) Dat 72 USB External Storage System. (dpe) Data Protector Express 3.10-sp3 is the software.

Im having problems recovering data. I got the Dat 72 in January. I filled up 1 tape and Im working on filling the 2nd. Im trying to recover data that was stored on the first tape. When I use restore-specific, pick the correct file, set the filter to get correct date of back up and then run it. I get this "Error 1401 Please insert compatible media" The tape I am using is the correct one. I did run a full verify on the tape. It didnt help.

This is what I think is happening. (Dpe) isnt updating to the old tape. It remembers the sessions of the second tape. So when I ask for a job that is later than what (dpe) remembers it tells me that the media is not compatible. I tried doing a full verify on the fist tape thinking that would boot up the old sessions. But it didnt.

I could be way off base on this. It is very important I figure this out. I have to get this job off that tape. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Im sure, Im doing something wrong. Please help if you have any suggestions. Thanks
1 REPLY 1
Joseph T. Wyckoff
Honored Contributor

Re: Dat 72 Data Protector. Recover Data?

First of all, it appears you are using "DPE" - or as I would call it DPX - Data Protector Express.

Unfortunately, DPX is completely unrelated to Storage Data Protector (SDP) and Omniback (OB II).

That means very few people in this forum will be able to help you.

If you have support, place a call. Be patient, as DPX does not go through quite the smae channels as SDP, and ther emay be some delay.
Omniback and NT problems? double check name resolution, DNS/HOSTS...