1748234 Members
3281 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Dat 72 USB

Estin Estin

Dat 72 USB

I have a USB dat 72 connected on a external USB Port. I want to use Data Protector 5.5. The DP client is installed with Disk Angent, Media Agent and when i try to add a new device the software says it can't find any. The OS is Windows 2003 with all services pack's. The SCSITAB file is update and when i open it find the DAT 72 entry, but i can't tell if it is DAT 72 USB or DAT 72 SCSCI. Is any patch required to put this to work ?? I've also seen that in the box there is a Data Protector Express Software but i don't want to use it.

Thanks in advance
10 REPLIES 10
Lewis Finch
Honored Contributor

Re: Dat 72 USB

Have you installed to 2 drivers for Windows that come on the CD?
"You can't lead the orchestra without turning your back to the crowd"
Estin Estin

The Dat is working fine under windows, i'm using NT Backup without a problem
Lewis Finch
Honored Contributor

Windows supplies it's own driver. My question was, did you install the (2)drivers that comes on the CD? You should also disable removable storage manager in windows services if you want to use 3rd party software
Estin Estin

Sorry for the late response. Windows 2003 dosen't have support for DAT 72, so i've installed the drivers supplied in the CD. The only thing that i haven't tried is to disable RSM.
Estin Estin

I've also tried to disable RSM and still no work.

Hello Estin,

I am also experiencing problems with a DAT 72i USB. I am not familiar with Data Protector 5.5 ...what is that please?

Is this your first USB DAT drive?

Does Server 2003 + NTBackup work properly and can you manage your tape media with the management console properly?

Thanks

James
Estin Estin

Data Protector is a backup software from HP, but the tape works fine under other software

Thanks Estin,

Is there a 30 day trial for this software?

With my new DAT72i USB ...I did not receive and tape backup software....should I have received any?

Thanks

James
Lewis Finch
Honored Contributor

What you got was a CD with drivers and a web link that tells you where to download the software