StoreEver Tape Storage
1751954 Members
4783 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Data Backup problem on Ultrium 1/8 Tape AutoLoader - Error 1401 – Please insert compatible media

AadiCh
Occasional Advisor

Data Backup problem on Ultrium 1/8 Tape AutoLoader - Error 1401 – Please insert compatible media

i have hp stoarageWorks 1/8 Ultrium Tape AutoLoader attached with DL580 G3; HP Data protector Express Single Server Edition is installed on it.

It was working fine but now we have got the upgrade pack HP Data Protector Express Backup Server with Network Server Backup Agent. So the HP Data protector Express Single Server Edition has been upgraded but now whenever we create a job for backup; it initialize the hardware, loads the cartridge and as backup process is going to start; HP Data Protector Express gives error “Error 1401 – Please insert compatible media”.

AFTER THAT I DID THIS (below):::
Cartridges have been replaced but error is same.
• We have also removed and reinstalled the whole HP Data Protector Express application but every time error is same.

is there any problem with upgrade pack ????

can any one help me in this context -

Thanks in advance. ...
3 REPLIES 3
Jash_1
Frequent Advisor

Re: Data Backup problem on Ultrium 1/8 Tape AutoLoader - Error 1401 – Please insert compatible media

I have just googled this error and it appears that the same kind of errors are coming up using various different backup software, but point to a hardware problem. It may well be worth logging a call with the support team for your tape loader.

Regards,

Jash
If I can, I will!
TapeDrive Killer
Trusted Contributor

Hi

1401 incompatible media it haapens because that media its already assigned to an specific job OR the backup job its looking for a specific tape cartridge.

Here are your options:

If this job has never run:
Go into "jobs and media" and deleted all jobs exept for the one you need to run, this will erase the media information from DPX so even if the media has a name or label DPX won't know anything about it and it will overwrite it.

If the job has ran before:

If it is an schedule backup job
go to properties of the back up job then schedule and click on the day that will tell you the folder where the media is.

all other
go to "jobs and media" look for the media inside of the backup job folder then search for that tape cartridge if you are not able to find it then you need to delete that media from jobs and media.

Pablo Alvarado
Tape Storage DPX
One drink away from sleeping on the pavement
AadiCh
Occasional Advisor

thanks