1753304 Members
6439 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Data Protector 5.1

CA1134987

Data Protector 5.1

Hi all!!
I've got a problem and I don't know how solve it.
I've got my backup server with DP5.1, and an Itanium server with Sql and Sap (I don't know if SAP engineer has installed also Oracle 8), and I couldn't back up SAP DB; I can back up only Sql (the template db like master, model, northwind and mdb) and Filesystem object.
There anyone that could help me in a short time??
Thank you all

Daniele
5 REPLIES 5
BR19682
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Data Protector 5.1

Hi there.
You can go several ways.
One is to shutdown the database and the application and make a filesystem backup of EVERYTHING, that belongs to the database.

Second could be to do a hot backup with RMAN
and backup the filesystem, where you stored the files from the RMAN - backup. That way there is no need to shutdown the database or the application.
Rgds
Alexander M. Ermes

.. and all these memories are going to vanish like tears in the rain! final words from Rutger Hauer in "Blade Runner"
CA1134987

OK!! I think its all good but there's no way to integrate SAP R/3 64bit ed. with Data Protector???
I have license for OpenFile how can I use with SAP?

Thank you all

BR19682
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Daniele.
There is an integration of Oracle and SAP in DP 5.1, but you have to pay extra for the licence.
Rgds
Alexander M. Ermes
.. and all these memories are going to vanish like tears in the rain! final words from Rutger Hauer in "Blade Runner"
CA1134987

Hi !!
I need to know what type of license I use to.
Can you give me the part number of the license?? Is it Open File Manager or what else?

Thank you all

Daniele
BR19682
Esteemed Contributor

Hi there.
AFAIK it is a part of the DP 51.
Rgds
Alexander M. Ermes