1753510 Members
5208 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Data Protector Express 4.00 - Error 4043

Andr├й Klemm

Data Protector Express 4.00 - Error 4043

Hi there,

I've got a Ultrium 1760 with Data Protector Express. It`s brand new, but when I start a job, then I've got the "Error 4043: Command aborted" and the Tape is ejected.

HP L&TT says that anything is OK.

Hase anyone have a idea what to do?
5 REPLIES 5
Andr├й Klemm

Re: Data Protector Express 4.00 - Error 4043

I've now startet a new LTO Drive Assessment test with the HP L&TT an now I got an Error:

Read Buffer command (reading mech EEPROM) failed: Byte2 0xb SenseCode 0x47 SenseQual 0x1
TapeDrive Killer 1 2
Trusted Contributor

please attacth a support ticket

Pablo Alvarado Siles
Pablo Alv Siles
Andr├й Klemm

I hope this can help.
TapeDrive Killer 1 2
Trusted Contributor

Try to flash the firmware

Pablo Alvarado Siles
Pablo Alv Siles
D Wong
Regular Advisor

Hi Andre:

DPX Error 4043 is Command aborted - "The device has aborted a command. This may mean either problems with the device or problems with the commands being sent or the sequence in which they are being sent".

I would make sure the tape drive is not offline. You open the Device icon in the DPX gui and drill down till you see the Ultrium tape drive icon. The tape device should not have a Yellow exclaimnation mark on the icon.

If the tape drive icon does have an exclaimation error mark on it then you should power cycle the tape drive and then reboot your server.

If the tape drive icon does not indicate the tape drive is offline, then make sure the tape cartridge is quick erased before beginning your backup job. Setup DPX software to "Auto Format Mode: Auto format blank media only" on the Device/Media page. DPX is very selective about the labeling and format for the tape cartridge in configuration of the software.

Last, make sure there is no polling of the tape drive by disabling (or disable from monitoring) the Insight Management SCSI Agent from Windows Control Panel.

Dave W.