1747984 Members
4628 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Data protector 5.5 compatible with Solaris 10

Dsmit
Advisor

Data protector 5.5 compatible with Solaris 10

Can any one tell me if Data protector 5.5 is compatable with Solaris 10, after upgrading from solaris 9 system seems to longer be able to talk to Data protector

Many Thanks
Denis
4 REPLIES 4
Dsmit
Advisor

Re: Data protector 5.5 compatible with Solaris 10

Data protector is compatable with solaris 10 , but it would be neccassary to install a patch (PHSS_33187) on the server running Data protector.
Gilles Cadrin
Trusted Contributor

Denis

Onla The Disk and Media Agent are supported, NOT as a Cell Manager or an Installation server

Best regards

Gilles
Dsmit
Advisor

Thanks for your response,it seems I did not expain my problem well enough,previously I has client running Solaris 9 being backed up by data protector, but after upgrading to Solaris 10 I was not able to add the Sun server as a client , I had founf a patch that needed to be installed in order to make solaris 10 compatable patch number PHSS_34497 , but since installing this patch it has not helped and now can no longer add any client , any one with any ideas.

Thanks
Denis
Allan Wright_1
Frequent Advisor

Denis,

PHSS_33646 allows you to add the CORE element of DP5.5 to Solaris 10 clients but unfortunately the disk agent will fail with "Unsupported OS release is found!".

Cheers,

Nicko...
Live long and proper!