1748048 Members
4921 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Downgrade msl5026 firmware

Matt_276
Occasional Advisor

Downgrade msl5026 firmware

I'm currently running a storageworks msl5026 with firmware v4.3. It is connected to a Netware 6 SP3 server.

I need to downgrade the firmware to v4.23 in order to successfully run the a particular version of backup software.

I have contacted hp and recieved the password to enable the LTT utility to downgrade firmware. This allowed me to downgrade the firmware of the SDLT 160/320 tape drive. However, it doesn't allow me to downgrade the msl5026 firmware, the utility says that no compatible firmware can be found even though there are several versions of firmware for the msl5026 located in the firmware directory.

Does anyone have any ideas why the LTT utility isn't detecting the firmware files for the library?
6 REPLIES 6
Johnson_dk

I think you will be able to do this by using a serial cable and the MSL Util application, yot will have to contact HP for the Firmware (NetxGen_xxx.bin)
Claudio Ruzza_1
Valued Contributor

Matt,
I read your inquiry for an LTT downgrade password (other thread) only today. You should get this kind of password by HP, calling your regional support center and explaining the reason of your request.

Won't your regional support give you the downgrade password, ask them the firmware file with .bin extension (LTT files are .ltt extension).
With older versions of LTT no downgrade password was required.

HTH
Claudio
Claudio Ruzza_1
Valued Contributor

ooops, sorry! I read only a part of your message.
You got the LTT downgrade password, good.
You mentioned that you have several files of MSL firmware; can you post which files you have?
Have you the latest version of LTT?
Which platform are you running LTT from?

Claudio
Matt_276
Occasional Advisor

I was using the latest version of LTT on Netware 6 SP3. Which I couldn't get to work.

In the end I got the NextGen_423.bin file and used the Remote Management Interface to update the firmware.

Thanks for your help.
Matt_276
Occasional Advisor

b

We are in the same boat. I think moving off the Novell Server to a Windows Server will allow the Firmware to be updated. If you need a password on the Library its 5566